Logistics Coordinator Assistant 162 views
Aperçu de l'emploi
- Année d'expérience 0-5
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a Logistics Coordinator Assistant
Working location: Buea (temporary movements to North West (Bamenda) and South West Regions (Kumba) might be required)
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid
Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in specific activities and assuming some delegated tasks, according to his/her instructions and MSF
standards and protocols, in order to ensure a proper logistics management in the capital and providing support to logistic activities in the projects.
- Planning and supervising the logistics within the coordination base (repairs, equipment maintenance, stock management, cleanliness…), in order to ensure the best operational working conditions in the capital.
- Supporting the Logistics Coordinator and/or the Mission Supply Chain Manager in organizing the ordering and transport of goods to the different projects, in order to comply with their needs in terms of quality and timelines
- Organizing and supervising the fleet of vehicles in the coordination base (driver’s schedules, vehicles maintenance, vehicles registration and insurance, fuel consumptions, etc.), in order to ensure coping with the transportation and movement needs.
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator with the checkup and supervision of the proper functioning of the computers and other communication and IT equipment, in order to ensure a continuous and appropriate flow of information and communication.
- Ensuring repair and maintenance of generators and power back-up systems as well as cold chain equipment, water pumps and other technical equipment used or stocked in capital and informing the Logistic Coordinator in case of any further needs concerning technical equipment, in order to have everything running adequately
- Supporting the LogCo in the planning and ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training), and participating in any emergency activity or exploratory visit, in order to ensure giving appropriate assistance to the population.
- Informing the Logistics Coordinator in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making
Education: Essential secondary education plus further training.
Essential: Two years of previous experience in similar jobs. Desirable with MSF or other NGOs.
Languages: English essential. Local language desirable.
Knowledge: Computer literacy (word, excel, internet) essential.
Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Participles, Stress Management